The Armstrong Scholarship has been developed to provide a limited number of incoming freshmen in the School of Engineering a $1,000.00 scholarship for the first year. Scholarships will be awarded on a competitive, non-need basis.
To be considered for the award, the entering freshman student must:
- be admitted to one of the School of Engineering majors at The College of New Jersey (e.g. Biomedical, Civil Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Science, Mechanical Engineering, or Technological Studies).
- be nominated (by letter of recommendation) by either the candidate’s high school principal, guidance counselor, science teacher, or math teacher.
- submit a letter indicating the applicant’s involvement in social and technical activities.
Those interested in applying for an Armstrong Scholarship need to submit an application package to include:
- a letter of interest
- high school transcript(s)
- letter of nomination/ recommendation
The letter of interest should include the applicant’s involvement in social and technical activities as well as overall educational and career goals. The student’s academic performance will also be used to select the finalists.
Submit your application package by April 15th to:
Office of the Dean
School of Engineering
c/o Armstrong Scholarship Award
The College of New Jersey
P. O. Box 7718
Ewing, NJ 08628
For additional information, contact the Office of the Dean at (609) 771-2538 or firstname.lastname@example.org